Thursday, March 3, 2011

Wishes

after looking the The Pioneerwoman's latest photo project about sisters, it kinda makes me wish i had one. but not an annoying one who really likes pink and tweeting and believes that Justin Beiber is dreamy, but a cool one who brews really good coffee and knows all the lyrics to songs by The Bangles and wouldn't mind if I borrowed her sweaters constantly.

i wish that my husband's appetite was not that of a tyrannaurus rex, because just when i think i have outsmarted him and "stocked" the fridge/freezer/pantry with versatile ingredients that should last at least three days... he goes for a run, comes back, and eats ten pounds of pasta.

i wish i could eat ten pounds of pasta without gaining ten pounds.

i wish my friends would all find jobs/grad schools five minutes from my apartment building, so that we could go get lattes together and eat pounds of pasta together, and i wouldn't have to send letters and texts across the country to remind them of how fabulous they are and how glad i am that they're my friends.

i wish avocados were not over $1 apiece. sometimes this wish comes true, but that is only because they are overripe and brown and squished on the inside, so that doesn't count as wish fulfillment so much as ironic-wish-fulfillment-that-bums-me-out.

i wish i could have the perfect latte every morning without having to pay $4.15 for it, or alternately have to buy an outrageously expensive piece of machinery that i will use twice and never glance at again that would, in theory, enable me to make my own lattes.

i REALLY wish i could eat ten pounds of pasta without gaining ten pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment