Monday, March 21, 2011

Mini-Letters

Dear Barista at Starbucks this morning,

Thank you for making the most delicious latte I have ever had in my life. It may have been the most delicious because I hadn't eaten in fifteen hours. Or it was just that good. Either way, thanks...


Dear Fire Alarms,

While I am glad you are working correctly, as evidenced by the maintenance staff testing you for two straight hours today, you are so loud that I'm pretty sure my heart stopped a few times...


Dear Freshly-Laundered Bed Sheets,

Please help me have sweet relaxing dreams tonight. You are so wonderfully soft and cool...


Dear Dude in the Truck in the Parking Garage,

You were seriously mean. Driving 15 mph in a parking garage is perfectly acceptable, and much safer. I am offended that you honked and almost rammed into me because you would rather zoom through the parking lot at 65 mph. I am even more offended that you rolled down your window and yelled rude things at me. and my feelings are hurt...


Dear Dude in the Different Truck at a Different Location,

Thank you for coming to a stop and letting me and the others out of the parking lot we were in. You were very nice, and without your kind gesture, I would have been stuck in that parking lot for a looong time. Thanks for making up for the rude guy above...


Dear Husband,

Please come home soon. I know you've been working hard today, but I have gotten you a box of Whoppers which I know you love, and I would really like to sit on the couch with you and watch Monday Night Wrestling with you while you eat your Whoppers. Because that's one of the perks of being married; having someone to sit on the couch and laugh at The Miz and Seamus and eat movie candy with.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Lucy,
    You really should be a writer....you are very gifted! What a great way to start my early morning. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete