Thursday, March 3, 2011

27 Things About Me

1. I was going to make a list of 100 things about me, but that seemed a little over the top, and 27 is a much more unexpected and underappreciated number.

2. It makes me swoon when my husband does things around the house, like sharpen my abused kitchen knives, or vacuum.

3. He vacuums because I really hate vacuuming. I don't like any cleaning to do with floors... bathrooms, dusting, cleaning countertops, metric tons of laundrey don't bother me, but floors are gross.

4. Floors are gross and, by extension, feet are kind of gross. I don't like touching other people's feet, and I don't like people touching mine. I only give my husband a footrub if he is wearing socks. I realize how wierd that is.

5. I like avodacoes. I mean, I REALLY like avocadoes. I order any sushi roll/sandwich/salad on a restaurant menu that has avocado in it. I love them oh so much.

6. I used to be a really anxious driver who was constantly afraid of getting lost. In a town I had lived in for over ten years. Driving across the country and residing in California has cured me of this anxiety.

7. I love Colin Firth; I find his gawkiness adorable. I will watch any movie he is in, good or bad, repeatedly.

8. I love giraffes, probably because they are also gawky. They are clumsy and beautiful and just so odd-looking in the very best way.

9. I like white tulips above all other flowers... when my then-boyfriend (now-husband) lived far away from me, he would send white tulips to my office. Anyone who dropped by my office usually asked who died because apparently they kind of looked like funeral flowers. To me, they are beautiful and simple and graceful and way more creative than a dozen red roses. To other people, apparently they are solemn and boring and the flower of "mourning." sigh.

10. I am addicted to reading, buying books, reading book reviews, and wishing that I had a solid enough idea that I could turn into a book.

11. This means that I have boxes of books that I have bought or been given but have not yet read. I hope to finish them all by the end of the year. We shall see.

12. When I was a kid, I remember listening to "The Crash Test Dummies" more than any other band. I remember getting scolded in the library for humming "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm." My dad has apparentely passed his, ahem, eclectic taste in music down to me.

13. I remember bits and pieces of my dreams every night, and try to write them down. It helps me figure out what's going on in the back of my mind.

14. I wake up every night at 2 am. I am not jolted awake by anything in particular, I simply end one dream, wake up and notice that the alarm clock says 2:00, and go back to sleep.

15. I miss my mom. I miss being a Brownie Girl Scout and thinking it was so cool that my mom was my troop leader and that all the girls in my troop loved her. I miss being 14 and sitting at the kitchen bar and telling her about my day while she made dinner. I even miss when I was 17 and being a complete moron and the arguments we would get in because I was a complete moron; she argued with me and tried to guide me, which meant she loved me and she cared and wanted the best for me. I wish she lived closer to me or I lived closer to her.

16. I miss living on the East Coast, even though I haven't lived there since I was 8.

17. I have named one of our tropical fish after the Beagle I grew up with. Their temperaments are very similar; the fish enjoys actually sitting himself on a coral and watching the other fish swim around, and gets most active around feeding time.

18. I have only ever been to one funeral in my life, and it was one of the saddest days of my life. and it wasn't that long ago.

19. I have always thought that someday I would like to have two little boys named Jack and Will. I am now rethinking that "2 boy" configuration. However, I am not trying to have two boys or one boy or any other spawn any time soon.

20. I am a dedicated Grey's Anatomy viewer, and have been watching since the first episode. I know it is basically a well-scripted soap opera, but I'm totally okay with that.

21. I do follow blogs of friends/family regularly, and sometimes it kind of makes me feel like a stalker, but blogs are there to be read, I guess...

22. My birthday is on the 22nd of a month.

23. I think my husband has a really cool job. I wish I had a really cool job.

24. I think earrings are wierd. The whole idea of poking a hole in your body to stick shiny things through it kind of freaks me out. I realize I am pretty much alone in this... that's okay by me. Just don't buy me earrings for Christmas.

25. I think my little brother is really cool. There is an eleven year age difference between us, and he changed everything. For the better.

26. It bugs me when people ask me "How I Do It" when they find out I am married to a member of the military. "Aren't you worried about him being in danger? Aren't you scared all the time?" The answer is YES, I AM, but I don't need anyone to remind me.

27. I can't believed I rambled off 26 odd things about myself. OH, one more; I am not very good at chess. I used to be, and now I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment