Sunday, December 4, 2011

Little Letters

Dear back muscles,
nice to meet you. until we started taking golf lessons, I didn't even know you were back there. I promise to get you some icy hot today.

Dear person who set off the building's carbon monoxide alarm at one in the morning,
I hope whatever you were baking was worth it.

Dear Microsoft Word,
you are not allowing me to format my paper the way I need to. I don't appreciate the attitude.

Dear Walt Whitman,
Thanks for writing a poem that is eighty-four-zillion pages long, and making sure that it was assigned reading the same weekend that I have eighty-five-zillion papers to write.

Dear Season 1 of The Office on DVD and my cup of coffee,
don't let me down today. you're the only ones I can count on.

Dear husband,
your ability to sleep through eighteen minutes of a blaring alarm and my angry grumbling continues to amaze me. you are very cute, and along with The Office and coffee, are the only reason I will be able to get through today.

1 comment:

  1. Between your gifted writing, and that of your cousin-in-law Heidi, you two really need to get together and write a book. You both make me smile and laugh when sometimes I just don't feel like it! You're the best!!!

    ReplyDelete