Monday, November 28, 2011

There is nothing like being recognized.

I came home after a moderately rough Monday to a letter from my little brother, and a surprise birthday package from my best friend. Both made me feel instantly recognized; they knew exactly what I needed, and that the things below make me feel most like myself in the best way.

New York Times sections wadded up to pack the box instead of styrofoam peanuts.

adorable little boy handwriting that says, in the opening line, "I miss you," and almost makes me cry like a baby.

a movie on DVD that looks incredible and worth staying up late for.

a coffee mug with a special saying and that's big enough to hold a LOT of coffee.

gifts wrapped in gorgeous elephant/Indian mehendi printed paper.

handmade garland to decorate my home office

so much love and care and fun and insight into me packed into a box and an envelope that I somehow feel like despite my insane schedule and that I still don't feel at home in this big wierd state and that the holidays are coming up which kind of freaks me out, that everything is still okay, and that I'm still me.



No comments:

Post a Comment