Thursday, November 17, 2011

I have been an even lazier blogger

... but that just means I have been less lazy in all the other aspects of my life. Here's what's up.

I'm a lit major. so I read. and write. a lot.

so much that there are NO books on my Christmas list because I know they will sit on my shelf and stare at me sadly while I read about Gothic cathedral blueprints, Spanish irregular imperfect verbs, American transcendentalists, and all manner of British literature. *sigh*

I complain a lot, but this is the most intellectually stimulated I've been in an long time. I love it.

I had reach to come up with things I want for Christmas. Why? Because... I'm really content. I don't want or need anything, really. It's good to be me.

I am done shopping for all of my and my husband's families birthdays (both in-laws, brother-in-law, and both my brothers all within about a month of each other.)

Am also completely done with Christmas shopping. My goal is to be done Christmas shopping by December first. So I can actually enjoy Christmas.

I went on about a month hiatus from cooking. Yeah. For real. and yes, I'm busy with school and whatnot. but really? I am making a stronger effort to fill up my fridge with real food, not just leftover boxed macaroni and cheese and a freezer full of popsicles.

I am turning 23 in less than a week. So until May, my husband and I will only be four years apart instead of five. And we are having home-made lasagna and confetti cake from a box. and I couldn't be more excited about it.



2 comments:

  1. I seriously think you need to come to Michigan to help your MIL get her Christmas shopping done by DEC. 1. I have a few things purchased....but not enough. Think I better get going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Almost Birthday! Hard to beat the funfetti! :) So glad you are loving school. I don't get it-but I'm so glad. :)

    ReplyDelete