Monday, August 23, 2010

A List

1. Did you know that breathing underwater via SCUBA is not relaxing? It is, in fact, terrifying, overwhelming, disconcerting, and twenty seven other adjectives that add up to SCARY. That is, when you are a type A, organized-within-an-inch-of-her-life control freak named Lucy. After a week's worth of book work, pool work, and a few horrible minutes in the Gulf, I can absolutely, definitely, most assuredly declare that I am not meant to breathe underwater. The end.

2. I fell in love. She's bold, intuitive, so sleek, and makes the most wonderful little whirring sound. Her name is Roxie, and she is my fire engine red Kitchenaid stand mixer given to me by the most wonderful maid of honor known to mankind. Roxie is the most beautiful piece of machinery I own. I made chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with her help, and they turned out beautifully. I keep looking up recipes that call for mixing just to hear her little "whir." I swear she shines just a little brighter when I use her.

3. I know my relationship with my Kitchenaid is unhealthy. Roxie and I are okay with that.

4. 'Milli' introduced me to the Olay Definity foundation, and I am a changed woman. My skin looks bright and healthy, and NOT like I stayed up past midnight adding to my Wedding To-Do list and watching Real Houswives reruns... the stuff is miraculous.

5. The whole "I am moving in with Future Husband after the wedding" thing has really sunk in for me. Where is all my stuff going to go? Where am I going to put all my sweaters? Is there enough shelf space for all my books? Or will I just stack them in piles in corners and hope no one notices? My goodness. So much stuff to fit into a one bedroom apartment.

6. I also have to move my iTunes library from one laptop to another. I installed iTunes on the other laptop but that's as far as I can get. Any thoughts?

7. Can I just go on the honey moon now? Have someone bring me coffee in bed and leave me alone to read the newspaper? To wander around town and eat in fantastic local restaurants for each meal and not do dishes for a whole week. Please?

8. Please? Pleeeease?

2 comments:

  1. there is just nothing like a kitchenaid...some of the enamel came off my paddle so i'm trying to figure out how i can angle for a new one. :) mine is boring white. be glad you're getting married now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red Roxie - how perfect! I love reading your blog - you are such a gifted writer....I see writing in your future :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete