Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Not a List...

But sort of a conversation. He will kill me for this, but I just have to share... my husband talks in his sleep. Often. Usually he just makes nonsensical statements, but this time we had a conversation. and it. was. hilarious. at last, I think it was. and that's what really counts.

Husband (mumbling): "What day is it?"

Me: "Tuesday."

Husband (still mumbling, but irritated this time): "No , it isn't."

Me (amused that he is arguing with me about this): "Yeah, it is, sweetheart."

Husband (eyebrows furrowed now): "What day is tomorrow?"

Me (hoping that by answering this question, I won't be breaking his little sleeping heart.): "Wednesday. Wednesdays usually follow Tuesdays."

Husband (disappointed): "That sucks."

Me (confused as to why this is disappointing, but now feeling oddly sympathetic towards his plight): "I'm sorry, sweetheart. Why don't you like Wednesdays?"

Husband (clearly exhausted by this exchange): "Because they suck."

End Scene.

2 comments:

  1. I've had conversations like this with your husband...it brings back good memories and makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he has not been talking in his sleep any more but apparently I have. lol no conversations yet but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete