Monday, February 14, 2011

My New Town

1. I live in California now.

2. I have heard more than one person use the word "stoked."

3. The weather is constantly pleasant-sunny, temperate, and slightly breezy.

4. I miss cold, rainy days. They are the perfect days for watching black and white movies, reading good books, and eating soup.

5. The used book store in my neighborhood is the reason I have broken one of my New Years Resolutions. So far it has only cost me $5. and my pride. But still; great books for only $5? Can you really blame me?

6. I know. You're supposed to own up to it when you break your resolutions and vow to do better...not blame a building a few blocks away that was there before you moved into the neighborhood and just sits there, innocently, holding all of its unbelievably low-priced like-new books.

7. I'm doing it again, I know. I'm sorry, book store. It's not your fault. I have no will power. I was also supposed to go running 5 days a week and cut back on the caffeine... yeah.

8. There is a four-hour time difference between where I live and where my best friend lives. I thought she texted me at what was 10 pm my time... and so I texted her back a few minutes later... woops. Sorry, best friend.

9. Tomorrow, I am going to the library. Hopefully they need volunteers. Or maybe someone to work there. That would be great. It would get me away from the used book store, at least.

10. I really need a latte.

No comments:

Post a Comment