Monday, May 10, 2010

The List.

Anyone who knows me knows, I am a list-maker. I am a planner, an organizer, an outliner; I had my first day runner at 12, and I am the kind of person who organizes her book shelf by genre. Suffice to say, I am a little on the organized side. And so it follows that I have made myself a "to do" list for the summer. On top of my daily "to do" lists for wedding planning and work, I have, in fact, created an entirely seperate "to do" list. This list, however, is different. There is no mention on this list of florists, insurance companies, dry cleaning, or grocery shopping. This is a list to end all lists, my piece de resistance... my list of things I want to do this summer.. not things I should do or things I need to do. That's right. Things I WANT to do... I am blissfully working my way through it, starting with watching the movies I never have time to watch during the school year; between student teaching, classes, work, and wedding what-nots, a thousand and one movies came and went through the theaters that I meant to see but didn't. THIS is the summer for movies! A few other things on the list; get to the top of the toughest climbing wall at Weatherford's-no more wussing out halfway up. It's time to get down to business with my climbing technique! Next on the list is scuba certification. Why not? I need more of an adventure than buying out-of-season grapefruits at the local farmer's market. Latest addition to the list; golf. I know what you're thinking... it's not simply to appease my golf-loving fiance. OK, well, maybe that's part of it. However, the driving range is less than 10 minutes away, I love an excuse to buy argyle, AND... there is nothing quite so satisfying as the sound of the iron hitting the ball and watching it sail toward the sun... even if it lands 25 feets away with a resounding plunk, taking some dirt and grass with it. :) My list keeps growing and I sometimes wonder if I'll be able to accomplish half of it before the summer is gone... but you know what they say... every journey begins with a single step! Or in my case... movie rental. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love it - keep it going - I check your wedding blog, too...and am waiting for your next update - which by the way, I love your design for that site :) Have a good day today!

    ReplyDelete